Wednesday, March 27, 2024

A few thoughts on setting goals...

                     This is just a musing post, nothing of interest really. I just wanted to get some thoughts down on paper about what has gone on in the past week or so. This past week was Kerensky Con and Adepticon, two of the premier conventions in the Battletech Sphere. Between content creators like Big Red and Catalysts' own live streams, there was a sense of immersion in the fandom that I'd not gotten before. Sure, I knew the players, but it didn't quite gel until this week what a truly great community we have.

                    Seeing some of my heroes like Bryan Young and Jason Hansa there solidified it for me. This is something that I want more than ever. I have made my share of mistakes, and I am still dealing with them, but part of that is moving forward constructively and setting goals. And my goals now are clear. I want to be a part of that. I want to write for the Battletech universe again. I want to belong. 

                    All of this will take lots of effort and a lot of soul-searching, but I've found my community, now I just need to become a part of it. I hope that you will join me on this journey as I can't do it alone. I have to mend fences and build bridges, and that will take a lot of hard work and humbling myself to make it happen. But I will make it happen.

                    I'm setting this goal for myself and calling myself out publicly to work towards it. I hope that people will read this and realize that I am genuine in my desires and goals, and want to work through my past. I'm an open book in this regard, and I hope there will be a bright future for me on this journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment