Wednesday, January 20, 2021

     Ok, so this writer's block is killing me. And the only way to solve writer's block is to....write. So here I am. I've come to the conclusion that my troubles with writing stem from the fact that I've been so terribly emotional over the last few days, and I don't know why. Now, it's all in a positive way, mind you, but it's still a flood of emotion.

    This swell of emotion has been palpable. Little things that Sophie does end up blossoming into outbursts of happiness over our relationship. It's like that stage when you're a teen and you're so excited that you have a significant other than even little things make you smile. That's the point I've been at the last few days.

    And kids....oh my god, kids. I don't know if it's my biological clock ticking at me or what, but every time I see a cute kid on TV or hear one of my friends comment on some cute little thing they did with their kids, I get this insane desire for kids of my own, almost like a little kid bouncing in anticipation of getting a new toy. I know it sounds crazy, but it's been my life these past few days, and it is distracting as fuck. I know, we should all be so lucky to be distracted by happiness, right?

    So I'm doing the only thing I really can, I'm expressing these feelings and getting them out. I'm sure Sophie is sick of me being all mushy all the time, but she's Sophie and so that means she's great about it all. Truth be told, I think whatever I have is a little contagious. I don't mind being happy, I just wish it wasn't so damn distracting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment