Sunday, February 4, 2024

The Asset

 Hall of House Ding

Harloc V

Sian Commonality

Capellan Confederation

22 May 3152





    Sheena awoke refreshed and relaxed after the dinner with Po Ding. The air was still clean and crisp, and the smell of flowers wafted from Po's gardens ever so slightly to create a pleasing aroma that permeated the room. She found that her uniform had been laundered and folded and was waiting for her outside her door. The girl from yesterday appeared as she was dressing to assist her, once more tending to her every need.

    A few moments after she had completed getting dressed, there was a knock at the door, and the boy from the spa yesterday appeared. "Master Po is ready for you in the conference room when you are ready, my lady."

    "I am ready now. I am eager to see what Master Po has for me."

    The child nodded and scurried away. As she left her room, the guard from yesterday was there to meet her and guided her to the conference room, a large room with a holotable at the center. Po Ding was there at the table, as was his aide Max. Several servants hovered at the walls waiting to see to their needs

    She walked up to the table and greeted Po. "Greetings, Master Po. I am eager to begin our interactions today."

    Po nodded. "As am I. I have already loaded the intel and brought it up here on the table for you. As you can see, these invaders are staging from Conquista. Their entire network of supply and logistics is displayed here for you. As you can see as I have highlighted, there are several options available for raids that would disrupt their attacks along our front."

    Po's assessment was correct. This intelligence was clearly actionable and would provide her with several targets to raid when she decided to attack.

    Halfway though the presentation, the woman from the day before entered and joined them. Sheena noted that the woman was now clean and in the uniform of House Po. She was fascinated by this woman and had thought long and hard last night about her and her plight.

    "Ah, good of you to join us Nyxie. I have asked you here to present your thoughts on our current discussion about the raiders from Andurien. Your performance in the campaign was impeccable, and the Sao-shao has shown great interest in you. You are now a full fledged member of the House, and so I ask you here to offer your thoughts."

    The woman presented a case for a series of targets, but as she spoke, Sheena found herself transfixed by the woman's beauty. It was rare for her to get distracted, but she found herself distracted by the woman's every move and word.

    "Master Po, this intelligence is fantastic, and offers me many targets to accomplish my mission. I can see several avenues of attack. I wonder though if I may impose upon you for something of a further favor?"

    Po nodded in affirmation. "My resources are the Chancellor's to use as he sees fit. How may House Po assist you?"

    Sheena smiled. "I was thinking that someone to help me understand the situation on the ground would be most helpful. I wonder if your bondswoman might accompany me on this mission as a liaison officer? Her presence would be most helpful."

    Po waved his hand toward Nyxie. "She is no longer a bondswoman, she is a full member of the House. As such, the decision falls on her. Her autonomy in this matter is sacrosanct. If she wishes to assist you, she will have my full blessing. If she wishes to decline, then I will also respect her decision, as I hope you would also."

    The woman seemed taken aback by this turn of events. "You are putting me on the spot Master Po. My inclination is to agree, if you do not object. Whatever you decide, I will abide by your decision."

    Po remained in thought for a moment before responding. "I believe this association is in the best interests of the Confederation, and thus I would agree to the proposal. If you are amenable, Nyxie."

    The woman paused before answering. "I would agree to this, Master Po. I will serve in any capacity required."

    Sheena smiled. "Excellent, then we shall depart as soon as you are able. Thank you Master Po for your cooperation in this matter."

No comments:

Post a Comment