Monday, December 26, 2022

Some Fact Checking

     Ok, so there has been lots of misinformation thrown around here. Let me get some facts out here that I can share now that my identity is out there.

    1: I am a "violent criminal": False.  I have exactly one criminal charge in my past. That charge is a plea to a misdemeanor in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Here is what happened. I lost my job during the pandemic. This caused a spiral of my anxiety and depression, and I self medicated with alcohol. While under the influence of alcohol, I threatened to kill myself at my former place of employment in an attempt to get people to understand my pain. It was wrong, I pled guilty to a charge of Terrorist Threats and received mental health treatment for my issues. This is the extent of my record. None of it is related to Blaine.

    2: I lied about adopting children: False. I never claimed to have adopted children. I claimed to have twins. This is partially true and partially false. I do not have twins via IVF with a partner. I do have two children that I care for who are not biologically my own. I love them very much.

    3: I lied in order to get published or get money from people: False. I never lied in any attempt to get published. I never tried to get money out of people because of my identity. I adopted the false persona years before I ever even imagined getting published. People came to me about my writing and suggested that I write something to get published, and I tried and succeeded. Not because of my false claims, but because of my ability. I will not be gaslit on this topic. I am proud of my writing and I will always stand by it.

8 comments:

  1. You've lied for 10 years about who you where. Why should anybody believe you now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I can spell better than you can, my friend? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind advice. Next time I need to lie, spelling will be first consideration.

      Delete
  3. Dude...all of your blog posts from August aged SOOOOO badly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't say anything about points 1 and 2, but at least WRT no. 3, you're right. Your Shrapnel story is to this day one of the best that were published in the series. Which makes it even more of a shame that you just had to blow everything up. Still, this doesn't take anything away from the fact that you can, in fact, write good and touching stories. I absolutely wish you luck and success as a writer.

    ReplyDelete