Saturday, August 21, 2021

I Feel As Though I Should Write...

                     I feel as though I should write. There are so many little stories inside me left to be told and yet I am loathe to let them out. Or, if, we're being honest, I feel like I no longer know how to. The mental and emotional tornado that I have come to label 'Blainegate' has passed, but the landscape is no longer the same one I once traversed and took such pleasure from.

                    Now I find myself looking at the world in a different way, with stories and characters springing to life. I want to write. I need to write. But at the same time, writing has been so drastically changed in my world that I'm not sure how to even begin approaching it anymore. The things I once found to be the best springboards are now hopelessly torn and upended.

                    The community where I could once upon a time would have gone and played now hates me and taunts me like a lost love. Make no mistake, there are a few core friends who have stayed with me, and I can never thank them enough. But the vast majority seems to have moved on to the view that I am some malady best left to wither away without a second's pause of reflection, I don't know if I'm ready to walk down the path of determining which relationships rang true and which ones false, but I find them surrounding me to a point that I can't ignore them if I want to move on to some healthy form of writing again.

                    I want to write so badly, but any picking up of the pen and paper is fraught with such emotional landmines that I can't seem to get anywhere. I want to write but every time I think about it, I am immediately reminded of all of the things I've done wrong, and I don't see any safe place for me to step out upon. Even now, I struggle to paint a picture of how I feel.

1 comment:

  1. If you really love the BattleTech and it's community, you can always come back. The only thing stopping you is you.

    I'm not going to sugarcoat the situation. Whoever you are, whatever you did, you went to too far. Period. This thing you have with BLP needs to stop, cause you're only hurting yourself.

    You can make yourself a new forum account and start over, if you haven't already done that. But I suggest you keep your old one, change the profile picture and move on. Maybe make a apology (even if you don't feel like you should). The BattleTech community is full of grown adults.

    You don't have to like BLP or read anything he writes. BattleTech is bigger than one author. So stop acting like a nutjob, leave the politics at the door, and come back if you really want to.

    ReplyDelete