Saturday, March 5, 2022

Yet more lies

                     Yet again, Blaine Pardoe has taken to the internet to spread more vicious lies about me and the situation that unfolded. He lies, twists facts, exaggerates all to weave a web of lies that paint him as a poor victim of harassment. It has reached the point that I now feel as though he is harassing me. He knows he can hide behind his money and power and smear me at will.

                    I know his game. He is hoping to goad me into making a mistake, a 'gotcha' moment that he can use to hurt me even further. At this point, I can only conclude that his goal is to ruin me. He is unrelenting in his lies and smear tactics. He is hoping that my mental health will fail and he will be able to get me to commit some violation of the protection order that he hides behind. I don't know if this is personal for him, or if he is just using it to sell books. Either way, it is personal for me, and I feel as though I am reaching a breaking point.

                    I don't know what to do anymore. Everything is a shambles and he holds all the power, wealth, and all the cards. The system is stacked against me, and he is turning the knife to inflict more pain. All I ever wanted was to write some fiction and make the IP that I care about a better place.   

6 comments:

  1. "All I ever wanted was to write some fiction"

    If you had sticked to that, you would have kept everything. You would have kept your little fiction. You could have been an accomplished BT author - your published story caused quite a splash, after all.

    But no, you *had* to attack the man, you *had* to rant, you *had* to mention that you could kill him (IIRC, that's what you said). FFS, why?!? Everybody knows he's... special. That he's a narcissist, an asshole, even. That he used to write good books in the past, and that the quality of his recent books has been debatable at best.

    Like Hotham wrote on October 11, 2021, make a cut, start with a clean slate if that's possible, but really, stop pittying yourself. You brought this on yourself, plain and simple. Man up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 7upMan,

    Maybe Faith handled the initial situation badly, but BLP has moved past defending himself into the realm of asshattery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty late reply, but this is my final plea. Whatever Pardoe is doing, whatever you "think" he's doing. Ignore it. Leave him alone. Come back to the community if you haven't already under another pseudonym.

    Again, nothing is stopping you from writing but you. For all I know, you could be submitting Shrapnel stories under another name. But if you aren't, here's something my might light a fire under you.

    You use to go by Faith McCarron on forums, so I assume you an admirer of the character. Well if you done writing for IP, I guess I can go ahead and write Faith's story myself. There's not a lot of people lining up to tell it.

    So yeah, in a nutshell. Final plea, come back to the forums, stop acting crazy. Hell, I'll advocate on your behalf.

    Don't let "Faith McClosky", successfully published BattleTech writer fall into obscuirity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I agree with your sentiment, and I definitely thank you for your support, it is not that simple. To come back using a pseudonym would mean lying and taking on a false identity. I have forged too many valuable relationships and interactions with people to simply abandon them and pretend to come back as somebody else. I would love to come back to the forums, but creating a new identity on there could be construed as a violation of their Terms of Service and would be against the rules. I have never been given a reason for my forum ban, my account was simply suspended with the error message "I think we can all agree this account needs to be banned." Well I don't agree that it needs to be banned, but the forum administrators refuse to reply to my communications. If you really want to see me return, the best thing you can do is to write an e-mail to Loren Coleman (loren@catalystgamelabs.com) and Ray Arrastia (Ray@catalystgamelabs.com) voicing your support for me. At present, Loren says I am not blacklisted, but Ray and everyone else refuse to speak to me.

    ReplyDelete