Tuesday, May 19, 2020

    
ComStar Compound
Apolakkia
Tamar March
Federated Commonwealth
2 November, 3050


        Fiona stood outside the ComStar compound, facing her parents. Lovvins and Abigail stood a few steps behind her. She stared at the ground before speaking. "I know this isn't what you guys wanted. I'm sorry to disappoint you. I hope someday that you will understand what I'm doing, and why I'm doing it."

    Her father shook his head. "We thought we lost our daughter to the fighting on Anywhere. Then we got her back for a brief moment, only to lose her again to these damn Clanners. I don't know who you are anymore, Fiona. Maybe someday you'll come to your senses and come home. The estate will always be there for you if the little girl we raised ever comes out again."

    She turned to her mother, and they paused for a few seconds, before embracing each other. "You know you haven't lost me, Mom. I'm still here. Maybe someday, all of this will be over, and things will work out. I love you guys"

    "We love you too sweetie. Even your father, if he can't say it. We'll live better knowing that you're alive and doing what you want to do."

    They separated and she brushed back a few tears before she turned to face her Jade Falcon masters. "Well, that is settled. Things can go back to normal now. I'm ready to get back on track."

    Lovvins shook his head. "Neg, bondsman. At least to things returning to normal. There has been a great shift. The ilKhan, Khan of all the Khans, has been killed in the Free Rasalhague Republic. Our journey has ground to a halt. The bloodnamed must return to the home worlds to convene a Grand  Kurultai, to elect a new ilKhan. It will be some time before the invasion resumes."

    Fiona looked around. "What does that mean for us? I mean, for you?"

    He glanced towards the spaceport. "There is an unclaimed Bloodname now available in my bloodlineage. I must travel the Exodus Road home to stake my claim at the Icaza bloodright. This will be fortunate for you. We will rotate home while the provisional garrison clusters tend to our winnings here in the Inner Sphere. We will be returning home to the training world of Ironhold. There is no better place for you to make your claim to be a Jade Falcon Warrior than there. You will travel the Exodus Path of Kerensky with us, and then return to the Inner Sphere as a Falcon Warrior in full flight!"

No comments:

Post a Comment