Friday, March 29, 2019

Forging Freyja - Solaris Flashback

The Glass Tower, Cathay
Solaris City
Solaris VII
Federated Commonwealth
14 May, 3052





     Faith felt the prick of the needle in her arm and gently pressed down on the plunger. Seconds later, she felt the warmth of the synthetic opiate rushing through her body. She leaned back, opened her eyes, and exhaled. The evening's fight was over, and the rush of combat had ended. It had been a closer victory than she liked, but it was a victory all the same. The purse hadn't been huge, but money wasn't the reason she fought anymore. She fought because she liked it. She fought for the thrill. And she fought for the rush.

     A knock at the door to her suite interrupted her reverie. "Fuck. Go away." she whispered. Her suite in the Glass Tower was pretty secure, she knew she didn't really have to worry about intruders or fans harassing her, security and the local crime lords both took care of that. And the police wouldn't be up here, especially at this time of night and especially without her being tipped off beforehand.

     The knock repeated itself, and she sat up. She set the empty syringe down on the table, unwrapped the elastic tourniquet from her arm and tossed it on the table as well, then slowly stood and made her way to the door.

     She opened the door to find Catherine Black, her opponent from the evenings earlier fight, standing there. Black cut a striking figure, clad all in black, with her raven hair pulled back into a ponytail, and her smoke grey eyes seeming to take in everything without any movement.

     "Didn't expect to see you turn up on my doorstep. If you wanted to see me, you shouldn't have skipped the post-fight presser. But I guess if you were willing to take the money hit on that, you really don't care much anyhow."

     Cat's expression didn't change. "Can I come in? I thought we might talk?" She spoke with a cultured, almost haughty accent that Faith couldn't quite pin down.

     "Sure, why not. I don't have anything else going on." she left the door open and shrugged Cat an invitation to enter.

     The other woman walked through the door, and at Faith's gesture, removed her long black coat and hung it on the rack beside the door. As she did so, Faith let her eyes gaze her over subtly. She wore heavy black boots, and black synthleather pants that clung to her, displaying her obviously toned curves. Her black tee shirt suited her just as well, hugging her slim figure and accentuating her firm chest in a way that was subtle, yet alluring. It contrasted sharply with her relatively pale but flawless white skin, completing a package that was sensual and downright sexy, in spite of the obvious vibe of danger that she gave off. Or perhaps because of it.

     Easy Faith. That girl was shooting at you a few hours ago. Faith led her into the main room and gestured towards a chair, while she turned to the island that separated the kitchen off, and which had an assortment of liquor bottles along it. "Something to drink?" she asked.

     "Whatever you are having, thank you."

     Faith poured two glasses of a cheap Davion whiskey that she kept around in abundance for times when she just felt like getting drunk. This wasn't one of those times, but she could still feel the opium buzz in her head, and there was no need to waste the good liquor when she already had a decent buzz going. She placed a glass on the table in front of Cat, then sat back in her own chair and took a sip of her own drink.

     Cat glanced down at the syringe, tourniquet, and small vial of liquid that still lay out on the table. "Drugs will dull a warrior's edge," she said softly as she took a sip of her own drink.

     Faith smirked. "This warrior's edge was fine enough to kick your ass earlier today just so you remember. And if you're thinking of reporting me to the gaming board, go ahead, but you needn't bother, I'll piss clean, I promise."

     Cat shook her head. "That was not my implication. And I assure you, I am well aware of having lost earlier. It does not happen often. That is actually why I am here."

     Faith slammed back a swig of the whiskey. "If you want a rematch, go through your stable. I'm not one to book my own fights."

     "That would prove rather difficult. My stable voided my contract after the fight," she said in a very matter of fact way.

     Faith scoffed. "That seems a bit harsh. They couldn't do that....unless...."

     Cat nodded. "I was terminated for 'reckless misuse of stable property' in their words."

     Faith shook her head disapprovingly. "You had a tap out clause. That makes the way you hung on after you were beaten even dumber. I offered you the chance. Twice."

     Cat waived her hand dismissively. "I was not aware of the clause before they brought it to my attention. But I would not have submitted, regardless. That is no way to fight."

     "It was your first loss, I know. You were 8-0 going into that fight. I did my homework, trust me."

     Cat sat forward slightly. "I studied you as well. I should not have lost. Yet somehow, I did."

     Faith emptied her glass before she responded. "You're a damn good shot. You fight cautiously, using your accuracy to your advantage. Then when your opponent is weakened just enough, you pounce."

     The other woman's smokey eyes narrowed. "And you normally fight aggressively. Your fighting style matches your persona. But you fought differently this time. Even with that, however, I should have beaten you. Especially when your one autocannon jammed."

     Faith let a smile creep into the corners of her mouth. "Except my left Ultra-5 never jammed."

     Cat sat back and paused for a moment. "But I saw it. You only used your right gun. I saw the left one spinning with an ammo feed problem."

     Faith let her grin grow. "The only ammo feed problem it had was it was trying to feed from an empty bin. I left that bin empty, and had two tons more armor bolted on. The pounding you gave me would probably have dropped me if I was running my standard loadout. But I saw you liked to play the long game. I just played a longer game, sister."

     Cat glanced down and let out a sigh. "Subterfuge is something I will have to hone, I suppose."

     Faith nodded. "Beats honesty every time. So is that why you came here, to find out how you lost?"

     The dark haired woman took a small pouch from her hip and tossed it on the table. When Faith gave her a puzzled look, she sat back. "Those are my vineers. I keep my past a closed book, as you probably know. There is all manner of speculation, but I neither confirm or deny. There is little point. Until now, here with you. Black is simply a nom de guerre. My only given name is Catherine, I was born a warrior of Clan Nova Cat."

     "You're a long way from home, sister. The tabloids would have a field day with that one, if you're telling the truth. Doesn't really matter to me though. Why are you telling me this, am I supposed to take you prisoner or something since I beat you in combat?"

     Cat shook her head. "I am no longer truly clan. And even if I were, you would have had to claim the right of making me your bondsman at the time of my defeat. But I am here to pledge to fight at your side, in a way. It is a part of one of my visions that I did not fully understand until tonight."

     Faith stood and poured herself another whiskey. "Yeah, I've heard you Nova Cats are into smoking peyote and playing with voodoo dolls and stuff like that." She returned to her seat and took another sip. "I don't see what that has to do with anything. Hell, I don't even believe in that kind of stuff."

     Cat stared off into the distance for a moment. "I am here on the game world because of a vision. I was raised to put great stock in them." She paused for a moment and studied the remains of the amber liquid in her own glass. "My star was sent on a supply raid into the Draconis Combine. We struck quickly, took what we wanted, and departed. Shortly after we lifted off, there was an explosion on our dropship. I have no idea if it was an accident, or if some bandit managed to slip aboard our ship and sabotage it. Either way, we crashed on the surface. Only three of us survived the crash, and they died in the wilderness shortly after. I managed to make my way to civilization, and managed to stow away aboard a cargo vessel. When we linked with the jumpship, I slipped aboard and commandeered it, thinking to jump back into Nova Cat territory. The pilot somehow managed to double-cross me, and jumped to a Combine system, and I was taken prisoner."

     Faith tipped her glass to Cat. "Sounds like you have shitty luck, sister."

     Cat nodded. "What you would ascribe to luck, I ascribed to destiny. I managed to escape, but my faith in my path was shaken. As I eluded my pursuers in a dense forrest, I undertook my own version of the Rite of the Vision. What I saw convinced me that my life as a Nova Cat was over. For good or ill, my path lay elsewhere."

     "Pardon my disbelief, but all this brings you to my door how?"

     Cat thought for a moment before responding. "A vision is deeply personal. We do not share the vision itself with others, not entirely, except with the Oathmaster. But I saw myself vanquished and then raised again by a golden knight in a great Colosseum. There is more to it, much more, but suffice it to say that I am convinced that my path lies alongside yours, at least for a time."

     Faith stood. "Well sorry, sister, but visions and bonfires aren't my thing. And besides, I fight alone. This girl is a clan of one."

     Cat rose from her seat as well. "You will need me in the future. I promise. I have seen it."

     Faith took a step closer, her temper rising slightly, helped no doubt by the alcohol fueled fire she could feel swelling inside her. "Fine, leave your business card. If I need you, I'll give you a call. Until then, take your voodoo dolls and lick your wounds from the ass kicking I gave you."

     Cat shook her head, stepping closer to Faith. "Your flippancy is so.....frustrating. How am I supposed to get through to you?"

     Faith raised her voice to match the other woman's ire. "Maybe you're not. So how about you just go."

     Cat looked up at the ceiling and left out an angered sigh of frustration. Then she lowered her gaze to lock eyes with Faith, as if weighing something in her mind. The two stared at each other for a few seconds, which seemed like an eternity as the fires behind each of their eyes burned. Then suddenly, before Faith could react, Cat took her face in her hands and locked her in a passion filled kiss.

     At first, Faith started to pull away, but she stopped herself, soaking in the kiss as if fire were exploding between the two warriors as they collided. If it was possible to pour anger into a kiss, it was happening. Faith let her hands fall to Cat's waist and gripped firmly.

     Cat was a few inches taller, and definitely more muscular than Faith, and used her dominant pose to walk Faith backwards until she was pressed against the wall. Only then did their lips part, and each of the women hungrily took in air.

     "If you wanted to fuck me, you didn't have to bother with your whole life story, you could have just asked." Faith chuckled.

     "Damn your stubbornness, Faith McCarron," Cat quickly unbuttoned Faith's shirt and planted hungry kisses over her shoulders and chest. Faith wrapped her legs around Cat's waist as she let the other woman's desire flow over her.

     She dug her fingers deeply into Cat's jet black hair. "Bedroom is that way."

     The sex was aggressive, not quite combative. Cat used her superior size and strength to retain dominance throughout most of the session, but Faith held her own, breaking free several times to seize the initiative and dig her fingers into the flesh and well toned muscle of her partner.

     While Faith was vocal, Cat at first was almost silent. Then, as Faith broke free of her grip on one occasion, she managed to take one of Cat's ample, firm breasts in her mouth, running her tongue over the other woman's nipple and eliciting a moan of pleasure.

     Faith's dominance was short lived, as Cat quickly turned the tables and flipped Faith onto her back. Gripping her with one arm, and entering her with one, then two fingers, the two warriors bodies slid against each other rhythmically as Cat slowly brought Faith to a thundering climax. Faith let out a scream, not caring what other occupants of the building might hear.

     The night went on for hours, the two women who mere hours before had been trading deadly blows in combat now taking turns bringing each other up to and over the precipice of pleasure. Finally exhausted, they settled into a tangle of limbs while they caught their breath and let their pulses steady out to a relaxed rate.

     "So that was your plan?" Faith quipped with a smile.

     "What?" Cat gazed at her with eyes only partially recovered from the depths of pleasure.

     "That was your plan, tell me your life story, and when I didn't buy into your fireside fairy tale, you'd fuck me into submission?" she said wryly.

     Cat propped herself up on her elbows and allowed herself a slight smile. "I did not plan on the fucking part, as you so eloquently put it. But I am drawn to you. I do not expect that you would understand without having had my vision."

     Faith rolled onto her side. "You keep talking about these visions as if they're some kind of magic. I don't believe in that kind of shit. There's no such thing as divining the future. We make our future. Or we die trying."

     Cat shook her head. "It is not about knowing a future set in stone. It is about seeing a path so that you can embrace it fully, realize it's potential. I grew up with one path set down for me. To become a warrior and help fulfill Kerensky's vision for the future. We all saw Operation Revival as our part in that future. But now things have fractured. Nothing is as clear as it was when I was a child. And so now we have to find our paths again."

     Faith raised an eyebrow. "And now you think your path is fighting alongside me. I don't get it."

     "Not as such. But when you defeated me, things came into focus, my vision suddenly had clarity. You go on to build great things, Faith McCarron. Things greater than yourself. But you are the start, and my heart tells me I must be by your side."

     Faith slid closer to Catherine and began gently tracing her fingers over Cat's skin. "Maybe it's the orgasm talking, or maybe it's just my vanity, but let's say I buy into this a little bit. What's that mean?"

     Cat pulled her in closer and they settled into a resting position, their bodies pressed together, their limbs intertwined. "Just that we remain in each other's orbit, and let fate forge the rest."

No comments:

Post a Comment